Saturday, February 11, 2017
Beginning at 5:30 p.m. at the National Underground Railroad Freedom Center
Join Cincinnati Museum Center and the Duke Energy Children's Museum for our ninth annual Difference Maker's Awards, a celebration for the whole family that highlights the amazing work focused on youth in our community.
Duke Energy Children's Museum's Difference Makers Celebration honors youth, adults, businesses and agencies that share our focus to better the lives of children in our community. Difference Makers go out of their way to enact significant change in the community. They distinguish themselves from others by their dedication and impact.
We want to honor the unsung heroes – the grandmothers and foster parents, the volunteers and community organizations, the teenagers and budding child advocates – along with the businesses and professionals who make the Greater Cincinnati region a better place for children.
Past honorees were nominated for organizing a benefit concert to support Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center’s Surviving the Teens Program; helping pregnant and parenting teens to raise children while continuing to pursue their dreams; placing 3D printers in Boys and Girls Clubs across the country; and much more.
- Dawne Sarchet - Reading Lockland Presbyterian Church
- Mike Moroski - UpSpring
- Kathy Sabo - Norwood City Schools
- Leeann Fitzpatrick - Neurosurgery Fitzpatrick Chiari Foundation
- Joseph Dehner & Noel Julnes-Dehner - Summer Camp Reading
- Michael Beck - Code for Kids; West End Education Alliance
- CITE Program - ENVISION
- Giving Kids a Fighting Chance (FC)
- US Bank - Adopt a Class
- STARS (Students Together Assisting Refugees) - Adam Sella (Walnut Hills High School)
- Devi Namboodiri - Academy of World Languages (after-school music class)
- Logan Pickett - collecting donations and raising money for people in need, including American Red Cross, Hurricane Sandy victims, Christmas Gifts for kids at CCHMC and the Hamilton Dream Center, The Woodlands Nursing Home, and more
- Katie Deitsch - Winton Woods Riding Center; Finneytown Sparkle Cats
- Brooke Page - Children for Change; Eco-Animal Committee
- Junior League of Cincinnati
Click here to see our 2016 Difference Makers.