Gifts you can make that pay
Are you looking for a way to plan your finances that benefit both you and CMC today?
Charitable gift annuities are a way to receive payments for your generosity during your lifetime. These types of gifts allow you to receive partial tax deductions for your gift immediately and both you and CMC will receive payments.
If you are interested in making a legacy gift to CMC, we recommend you contact your financial advisor to find the right plan for you.
Make a charitable gift annuity.
A charitable gift annuity is a great way to support both your own future and the future of CMC. This type of gift results in payments to you for life in return for a gift of cash or appreciated assets. You will still receive income and a tax deduction while at the same time avoiding higher liability taxes.
Why consider a charitable gift annuity?
- Part of your gift annuity payment is completely tax-free for a certain amount of time.
- You receive the same payment on the assets, regardless of market changes.
- Charitable gift annuities offer an immediate income tax deduction for part of your gift.
Make a charitable remainder unitrust.
The estate planning tool charitable remainder unitrust provides income to a named beneficiary, such as you or your family, during your lifetime and then the remainder of the trust is transferred to CMC. Charitable remainder unitrusts are the most flexible gift planning option to benefit CMC, your family and you. However, it should be noted that the legally required minimum gift for this type is $100,000.
Why consider a charitable remainder unitrust?
- You can receive payments for life, a term of 20 years or both.
- You can avoid capital gains taxes on the sale of your assets and get a charitable tax deduction for part of your gift.
- You can make additional gifts to the trust at any time to take advantage of income and tax benefits.
Make a charitable remainder annuity trust.
The estate planning tool charitable remainder annuity trust provides income to a named beneficiary, such as you or your family, during your lifetime and then the remainder of the trust is transferred to CMC. Charitable remainder annuity trusts benefit CMC, your family and you. This planned gift type is very similar to a charitable remainder unitrust, except you cannot make additional gifts after the time it is established.
Why consider a charitable remainder annuity trust?
- You can receive payments for life or a term of your choosing, such as paying for college tuition.
- You can avoid capital gains taxes on the sale of your assets.
- You are eligible for a charitable tax deduction for part of your gift.
For questions or to connect with a member of the Philanthropy Team, please call (513) 287-7036 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.