Early Childhood Learning Labs
Our Early Childhood Learning Labs are specifically developed for pre-kindergarten and kindergarten students. These labs introduce students to the museum community with hands-on, exciting experiences that are age appropriate and lots of fun!
• Available Tuesday through Friday
• Labs begin on the hour and half hour starting at 9:30 a.m.
• Labs are 45 minutes each.
• Maximum 25 students per lab
• Advance reservations are required for all groups.
• Changes to scheduled activities or numbers made less than 48 hours before your visit or the day of the visit may result in suspension of visiting privileges or grant eligibility. Call if your plans change.
• Book as far in advance as possible. Reservations for museum programs close two weeks out.
• Payment by credit card, check or purchase order is required two weeks in advance.
• Confirmation materials are emailed at the time of reservation.
Let's All Celebrate
Children from all around the world love to celebrate. Travel the globe and explore a variety of child-centered ceremonies.
My Rainforest Adventure
Take an imaginary tour of a rainforest canopy to learn about the animals and plants that live there. Meet several animals that call the rainforest home.
This Little Dinosaur
Discover a tale of exploration that's 65 million years in the making through replica dinosaur fossils, footprints and other evidence.
Will It Float?
Is water heavy or light? Does air have anything to do with buoyancy? Experiment with the basic principles of water as you test objects that either sink or float.
Manager, Learning Labs
(513) 287-7000 ext. 7292
Pricing and reservations
Call (513) 287-7021 Monday through Friday, 9 a.m.–5 p.m., for more information or to book your program.
Single Program: $100
Additional Program(s)*: $75
*Same program, same day
Send us your photos!
If you send us a high-resolution photo of a Museum Center Learning Lab or Programs-on-Wheels program that was presented in your classroom, and we decide to use your photo for publication, we'll give you one FREE Learning Lab or Programs-on-Wheels program! Email your photos, your name, name of your school, program title and program date to:
Please note: to be considered for publication, all photos must be sent with for all non-Museum Center individuals in the photo. If the photo subject is a minor, a parent or legal guardian must sign the release. If your school has photo releases for each student on file, you do not need to submit a photo release form, just make a note that the school has permission on file.