Saturday, October 19, 2019
Entry: Free for Members or included with Museum Admission | Location: Museum of Natural History & Science
As we continue to celebrate the 200th anniversary of the Museum of Natural History & Science, join us for Fossil Fest on Saturday, October 19 in our Museum of Natural History & Science!
This milestone is a big one. You know what else is big? And small? Fossils! So what better way to celebrate such a monumental birthday than with our Fossil Fest event? Free for CMC Members or included with Museum Admission.
Activities and Partners
- 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.: CMC dinosaur and fossil programs throughout the day: mini dino dig, augmented reality, dinosaur puzzles, drawing still life near the DNA Lab & more! Be sure to also check out our Birdly Virtual Reality experience (not included in your ticket)
- 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.: Watch as CMC staff/volunteers work in our Paleo Lab
- 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.: ODNR Division of Geological Survey – Ohio Fossils: Oldest and Youngest
- 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.: Dry Dredgers: Fossil display and identification
- 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.: Kentucky Paleontological Society: Fossil display
- 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.: Friends of Big Bone – Ordovician Fossils
- Marietta College
- Miami University’s Karl E. Limper Geology Museum – Trace Fossils
- Dr. Takuya Konishi, University of Cincinnati Department of Biological Sciences
- Dr. David Meyer, University of Cincinnati Paleo Biologist
- CMC Curator of Invertebrate Paleontology, Dr. Brenda Hunda and Paleontology Collection Manager, Cameron Schwalbach