2013 Summer Internship Application Instructions
Cincinnati Museum Center Internships are designed to provide individuals with academic credit, and/or to gain practical experience. Eligible candidates considering this opportunity are defined as individuals who meet one or more of the following criteria:
- will be entering their sophomore, junior or senior year as an undergraduate in the fall of 2013
- have graduated within the past year
- are currently enrolled in graduate school
The time commitment for summer internship session is June 10, 2013 through August 16, 2013, for a total of 10 weeks, unless indicated otherwise in the position description. Individuals accepted as summer 2013 interns must commit to at least 20 hours per week. Shifts are flexible and depend on assignment. These positions are unpaid, but include a selection of benefits provided to all Cincinnati Museum Center volunteers.
To apply for a summer 2013 Internship, the following steps must be carefully followed. Please note that incomplete application packets, or those postmarked after 5 p.m. eastern standard time, March 22, 2013, will not be considered.
Complete the Application Packet by following these steps:
- Click here to download the application to mail
- To complete the application online, click here
- Provide two complete reference forms
- Approve a background check authorization
Also include the following;
- Current résumé or CV
- Cover letter, describing your interest and relevant experience related to the internship position(s) for which you are applying. You may list up to three positions.
- Official transcript from an accredited institution, or have the institution’s registrar send it to the address below.
- A writing sample appropriate to your area of study.
- A statement of current academic level as of spring 2013
- If interested in receiving academic credit from your accredited institution, provide their requirements/guidelines
The completion of all above items is required to be considered.
Submit all forms and documents no later than Friday, March 22, 2013, at 5 p.m. to:
Mail: Cincinnati Museum Center
Internship Application Packet”
1301 Western Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45203
(must be postmarked by 5 p.m. on March 22, 2013)
All completed application packets submitted by Friday, March 22, 2013 at 5 p.m. EST, will be reviewed and sent to the departments of interest indicated in the cover letter. If a departments’ Internship Mentor is interested in pursuing you as a potential intern candidate, he/she will contact you to schedule an interview. This interview may be conducted over the phone or in person.
During your interview, you will discuss your academic program, your interests/experience and your availability. Individuals offered an internship will be notified via e-mail, pending a clear background check. All accepted interns will be then contacted for orientation to review the policies and procedures of Cincinnati Museum Center.
Although Cincinnati Museum Center internships are unpaid, many students earn academic credit for their dynamic and rewarding experience, in addition to the following benefits:
• An opportunity to learn more about Cincinnati Museum Center, and the professional opportunities it might hold for your future
• The opportunity to meet with other interns and professionals in your field of study
• Hands-on projects and opportunities to work with Museum professionals to learn about their roles, responsibilities, and backgrounds
• Complimentary tickets to OMNIMAX® and exhibit areas for you and your family
• Discounts at the Food Court and in the Gift Shops
• Free Parking
Orientation and training will be provided.