Want to bring the excitement of Cincinnati Museum Center directly to your location?
Our Programs-on-Wheels bring educational and entertaining lessons in a wide variety of topics to you! Choose from a broad array of in-person or virtual science, natural history, and social studies programs for preschool through grade 12. Explore the categories to the right for program descriptions and details.
See how our programs align with the Ohio Revised Academic Science and Social Studies Standards as well as Next Generation Science Standards and National Social Studies Academic Standards.
Early Childhood Programs-on-Wheels (Pre K–K)
45 minutes, maximum 25 students and minimum age requirement of 3 years.
2 programs: $270
3 programs: $375
4 programs: $480
5 programs: $575
6 programs: $660
* Same program, same day, same location
Elementary & Secondary Programs-on-Wheels (Grades 1–12)
60 minutes, maximum 30 participants
2 programs: $300
3 programs: $420
4 programs: $540
5 programs: $650
6 programs: $750
* Same program, same day, same location
Love Programs-on-Wheels, but looking for something less structured? Exploration Stations provide hands-on, stop-and-go, informal learning perfect for family nights, field days or fairs. Book one or more stations, available in a variety of science and social studies topics, for your next event. You provide the tables and we’ll provide materials and activities for people of all ages to explore at their own pace.
Two hours (minimum of two hours): $310
Each additional hour: $155
Travel Fees for Programs-on-Wheels
0–35 miles: $0
36–55 miles: $50
56–75 miles (minimum of 2 programs): $65
76–100 miles (minimum of 3 programs): $80
101–125 miles (minimum of 4 programs): $90
Beyond 125 miles (minimum of 4 programs): Call for pricing
- Programs are available for schools, daycare centers, pre-schools, libraries, community centers, church groups, scouts, summer camps and more.
- Available Monday through Friday during business hours and evenings and weekends pending staff availability.
- Call (513) 287-7021 any day between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., for more information or to book your program.
- All programs require 15–45 minutes of set-up and take-down.
- Consecutive programs booked on the same day should be scheduled in the same space with at least 15 minutes between programs.
- Confirmation materials are emailed at the time of reservation.
- Changes to your scheduled activities or numbers less than 2 business days before your program or the day of your program may result in the suspension of visiting privileges or grant eligibility. Call if your plans change.
- Failure to cancel your reservation prior to our arrival is subject to a charge of 100% of the total reservation.
- Book as far in advance as possible. Reservations for programs close two weeks out.
- Payment by credit card, check or purchase order is required two weeks in advance. Programs are subject to reschedule if payment has not been received by that time.
Valerie Horobik, Director, Programs-on-Wheels
(513) 287-7000 ext. 7166
presented by PPG
Find everything you need to know about educational programs, field trip planning, professional development and other educational opportunities that are offered at Union Terminal as well as in the community in our Educator’s Guide.DOWNLOAD NOW
Get the latest news about Teacher Preview Nights, gallery and exhibit guides, new special exhibitions, teacher resources, professional development opportunities and so much more!SIGN UP TODAY
Send us your photos!
If you send us a high-resolution photo of a Museum Center Learning Lab or Programs-on-Wheels program that was presented in your classroom, and we decide to use your photo for publication, we'll give you one FREE Learning Lab or Programs-on-Wheels program!
Email your photos, your name, name of your school, program title and program date to:
Please note: to be considered for publication, all photos must be sent with for all non-Museum Center individuals in the photo. If the photo subject is a minor, a parent or legal guardian must sign the release. If your school has photo releases for each student on file, you do not need to submit a photo release form, just make a note that the school has permission on file.