Ohio History Day
Region 8 OHD: March 19, 2022
Entry: Registration Required | Location: Virtual
Engaging project-based, student-centered learning.
Ohio History Day, an affiliate and prerequisite to the award-winning National History Day program, asks students to be creative, collaborative, and think critically about history. By engaging students in research, this event provides an opportunity for students to practice cross-curricular learning and practical application, while developing public speaking skills. Students choose to write a paper, create a documentary, build and display an exhibit, write and perform a song or play, or create a website to be shared with an authentic audience of local historians and community partners.
Cincinnati Museum Center is proud to host Ohio History Day's Region 8 competition for Adams, Brown, Butler, Clermont, Clinton, Hamilton, Highland and Warren counties.
The Region 8 Ohio History Day contest will be held VIRTUALLY in 2022 to ensure the safety of students, teachers and guardians involved.
For students and educators preparing projects, you should continue to follow the submission guidelines circulated earlier this year and found below – they contain instructions for virtual submissions as those virtual submissions are what will be judged in all categories.
Unfortunately, holding a virtual event means we will not be able to have student interviews as part of contest judging. This is a directive from National History Day to contests at all levels based on current legal advice. Judges will receive projects virtually through the registration system and will meet with their judge teams virtually on March 19 to reach consensus about project rankings.
Regarding the statewide Ohio History Day contest, a decision will be made by the end of February about whether that contest will proceed as an in-person event or be held virtually.
Region 8, Ohio History Day 2022
Date: March 19, 2022
Time: Virtual Event
Location: Virtual Event
Fee: $10 per student
Registration Opens: November 29, 2021 (Register Now)
Registration Closes: February 25, 2022
Submission Deadline: March 2, 2022 (Documentaries, Websites, and Papers)
Submission Deadline: TBD (Documentaries, Websites, and Papers)
- Papers and Websites can be uploaded to the NHD website.
- Directions for submitting Documentaries and Websites can be found in the “Resources for Students” tab below.
- All other presentations and Process Papers are due the day of the competition.
Engaging Students and Teachers in Historical Research and Skill Development
Resources for All
- NHD Contest Rule Book. Got questions? Reach out to the State Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2022 Theme Narrative
- Ohio History Day Website
- National History Day Website
- Ohio History Day Timeline
- Ohio History Day Standards Alignment
- National History Day Research Resources
Resources for Students
Resources for Judges
- What to expect
- Sample Interview Questions
- Sample Evaluations
- Sample Completed Evaluations
- How to Register
- Registration Links
- Documentary Check List with possible judge questions
- Exhibit Check List with possible judge questions
- Paper Check List with possible judge questions
- Performance Check List with possible judge questions
- Website Check List with possible judge questions