Ohio History Day
This year at the state competition, out of a pool of 650 students and 100 schools from across the state, the Cincinnati region had an incredibly strong showing with 13 award winning projects by 17 students! These students have another opportunity to revise their work with feedback from judges and present on a national level. To honor those students and all of their hard work, please review the amazing topics by title and those students that brought the stories to life. Several of the projects are available to view with an active link embedded in the title.
Region 8 OHD: 2021
Entry: Registration Required | Location: TBD
Engaging project-based, student-centered learning.
Ohio History Day, an affiliate and prerequisite to the award winning National History Day program, asks students to be creative, collaborative, and think critically about history. By engaging students in research, this event provides an opportunity for students to practice cross-curricular learning and practical application, while developing public speaking skills. Students choose to write an essay, create a documentary, build and display an exhibit, write and perform a song or play, or create a website to be shared with an authentic audience of local historians and community partners.
Cincinnati Museum Center and the University of Cincinnati are proud to co-host Ohio History Day's Region 8 competition for Adams, Brown, Butler, Clermont, Clinton, Hamilton, Highland and Warren counties. It’s not just a day, it’s an experience!
Region 8, Ohio History Day 2021
Theme: Communication in History: The Key to Understanding
Fee: $10 per student
Registration and Payment Deadline: TBD
Submission Deadline: TBD (Documentaries, Websites, and Papers)
- Papers and Websites can be uploaded to the NHD website.
- Directions for submitting Documentaries and Websites can be found in the “Resources for Students” tab below.
- All other presentations and Process Papers are due the day of the competition.
Engaging Students and Teachers in Historical Research and Skill Development
Resources for All
- Rule Book
- 2021 Theme Narrative
- Ohio History Day Website
- National History Day Website
- Ohio History Day Timeline
- Ohio History Day Standards Alignment
- National History Day Research Resources
Resources for Students
Resources for Judges
- What to expect
- Sample Interview Questions
- Sample Evaluations
- Sample Completed Evaluations
- How to Register
- Registration Links
- Documentary Check List with possible judge questions
- Exhibit Check List with possible judge questions
- Paper Check List with possible judge questions
- Performance Check List with possible judge questions
- Website Check List with possible judge questions