An Epic Field Trip Under One Giant Dome
It’s time to get out of the classroom for a day of learning and fun! The Museum is a great space for learners of all ages. You may choose to combine general museum admission with an OMNIMAX® film, featured exhibit, or a visit to the Nancy & David Wolf Holocaust & Humanity Center. Book your field trip today!
Please note: In terms of qualifying for school/group pricing, a group is defined as a minimum of 15 paying visitors with a reservation at least two weeks in advance.
Interested in booking a school field trip for the 2023-2024 school year? Field trip request submissions are accepted beginning Monday, August 14. Please call our Group Sales Team at (513) 287-7021 or submit an online field trip request form.
Field Trip Experiences
Museum of Natural History & Science
The Museum of Natural History & Science at Cincinnati Museum Center offers a world of science, history and nature through interactive exhibits and amazing artifacts. Guests can reach their own “ah-ha” moment through creative thinking and problem-solving skills. With something for all ages, there’s always more to explore in the Museum of Natural History & Science.
Cincinnati History Museum
Step back in time and experience the history of our city, from our earliest settlers to those actively shaping the Queen City today. Along the way, meet costumed interpreters to better understand and connect with history. Explore a recreation of the bustling Public Landing from the late 1850s and climb aboard the Queen of the West, a replica side-wheel steamboat. Take an aerial view of Cincinnati from the early 1900s through 1940s in Cincinnati in Motion, a 1/64-scale replica of the city complete with the nation’s largest S-scale train model.
The Children’s Museum
Discover hands-on fun for children of all ages in our eight educational and themed play areas, including two specifically designed for preschool-aged children and younger. We encourage kids to climb, crawl, explore and learn about themselves and the world around them. Go on a wilderness adventure through The Woods, be a part of a complex machine in the Energy Zone and explore the neighborhood in Kids’ Town. Dive into arts, culture, reading, science and more with over 1,800 hours of programming each year.
Field Trips may be scheduled Thursdays through Mondays. Group visits to The Children's Museum are limited to grades 4 and under.
The Robert D. Lindner Family OMNIMAX® Theater
The Robert D. Lindner Family OMNIMAX® Theater takes you to places you can only imagine. Immerse yourself in epic adventures in our five-story domed theater, from the untamed beauty of our natural parks, to the red surface of Mars, to the deep blue sea alongside humpback whales.
Custom films are available at 9 a.m., 9:30 a.m., 10 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. All other time slots are subject to the public film schedule. The following films are available during the custom film timeslots:
- Ancient Caves
- Into America’s Wild
- Dinosaurs of Antarctica
- Backyard Wilderness
- Great Bear Rainforest
- National Parks Adventure
- Secrets of the Sea
- Serengeti: Journey to the Heart of Africa
- Superpower Dogs
- Volcanoes: Fires of Creation
Bricktionary: The ultimate LEGO® A-Z (open through October 15, 2023)
LEGO® has traveled through time, beyond the stars and across cinematic universes, but now it builds its most comprehensive challenge yet: the alphabet.
Bricktionary: The ultimate LEGO® A-Z is bursting at the seams with over 150 custom-built LEGO® models inspired by nothing more than simple letters and boundless imagination. From leaping Orcas that tower overhead to Saturn V Rockets that stretch from floor to ceiling, the exhibition stretches the limits of what’s possible with LEGO®.DISCOVER MORE
Girlhood: It's Complicated (October 14, 2023 through January 14, 2024)
Girlhood (It’s complicated) explores the diversity of girls’ experience over more than 200 years and through approximately 200 objects. The exhibition examines the ways American girls, from Minnijean Brown to Naomi Wadler, have spoken up, challenged expectations and used their voices to effect change. By examining, preserving and sharing the complexity of our past, we can empower people to create a more just and compassionate future.DISCOVER MORE
Nancy & David Wolf Holocaust & Humanity Center
Located at Cincinnati’s historic Union Terminal, the site where numerous Holocaust survivors arrived in Cincinnati to rebuild their lives, the museum examines this watershed moment through its local connection. Using innovative storytelling, interactive experiences and genuine artifacts, visitors witness the strength and courage of the human spirit set against the backdrop of one of the darkest chapters in human history. The museum incorporates media, artifacts, art and interactive exhibitions to share this history and its lessons. It also includes the Humanity Gallery where visitors explore moments, meeting individuals who activated their character strengths to become upstanders and bring change to our community and world.DISCOVER MORE
Looking for more information?
- Pre-registered group rates require a minimum of 15 paid guests with a reservation made at least two weeks in advance of the visit date. No other discounts, memberships, or reciprocal benefits can be utilized with a group reservation.
- Group visits must be scheduled at least two weeks in advance of the visit date. If you have questions about availability, please contact us at (513) 287-7021.
- If scheduling a group visit less than two weeks in advance, payment is required at the time of booking.
- Groups with high attendance estimates will be split into smaller groups of 60 people or less and will be scheduled to enter experiences at different times.
Lunchtable Reservations and Boxed Lunch Order Form
- Reserve a 30-minute time slot to enjoy your lunch in the rotunda. The cost of lunch tables is $0.50 per person.
- Lunch table reservations must be made in advance and cannot be added to the reservation on the day of the visit. Groups that do not reserve lunch tables in advance are not permitted to each lunch at CMC.
- School/Group Boxed Lunch Order Form. Please note that on-site food services do not accept cash.
Custom OMNIMAX® Films
- Custom OMNIMAX® films can be reserved for a minimum of 30 paid guests made at least two weeks in advance. Custom films are available in the morning and are subject to availability.
- A film title must be selected at the time of reservation. Custom films are subject to availability.
- Groups may schedule into afternoon public showtimes and are subject to the public film schedule.
Attendance and Chaperones
- It is important to finalize your attendance at least one week prior to your visit date. With advanced notice, additional participants may be accommodated subject to availability. Please be prepared to confirm your attendance upon arrival on the day of your visit.
- Chaperone ratios are 1:5 for Pre-K-1st grade, 1:10 for 2nd – 8th grade, and 1:15 for 9th-12th grade.
- Prepare your chaperones ahead of time with a schedule of the day and CMC Behavior Guidelines. CMC always requires active chaperoning and that students remain with their assigned chaperone for the entirety of the visit.
- Buses or marked passenger vehicles may park for free in the South Parking Lot.
- Chaperones arriving separately from the bus may park in the North or South Parking Lot and must pay the $6 parking fee. CMC memberships can be used for parking only.
- Get all the details on discounted group tickets for 15 or more paid guests here!
- Only attendees listed on the group reservation are eligible for the discounted group rate. Individuals not included in the reservation will be charged full general admission prices.
- Groups requesting to visit the three general museums at 9 a.m., one hour before CMC opens, must pay a $100 early opening fee. Reservations with an early open request are required to make a reservation at least 3 weeks in advance of the visit date.
- One school caregiver or aide per Student with Disabilities may receive one free, complimentary Museum Admission ticket for the purpose of providing care to the Student with Disabilities. The number of caregivers/aides must be provided when submitting the reservation request. Caregivers/aides will need to pay to visit OMNIMAX® and Featured Exhibits.
- Payment by credit card, check or purchase order is required at least one week in advance and must be made in one lump sum. Payments from individuals or families cannot be accepted
- Groups that do not provide payment one week in advance must provide payment by credit card, check, or purchase order at the time of group check-in. Groups arriving without a form of payment will be denied entry.
- Cancellations made within 48 hours may result in the suspension of privileges or grant eligibility and no-shows are subject to pay 100% of reservation.
- For groups scheduling a visit less than two weeks in advance, payment is required at the time of booking.
- For schools whose percentage of students enrolled in Free and Reduced-Price Meal Plans is 60% or greater, grants are available for a limited number of free in-person visits. For more information, contact Group Sales at (513) 287-7021 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Grant funding is subject to availability.
Need help planning an epic visit?
We know what it takes to plan a field trip – we’ve been doing it for years! Give our Group Sales Team a call at (513) 287-7021 and we’ll help you create an epic experience tailored specifically for your students.
Request a field trip online and our Group Sales team will be in touch within three business days to complete your reservation.
Get the latest news about Teacher Preview Nights, gallery and exhibit guides, new special exhibitions, teacher resources, professional development opportunities and so much more!SIGN UP TODAY
Find everything you need to know about educational programs, field trip planning, professional development and other educational opportunities that are offered at Union Terminal as well as in the community in our Educator’s Guide.DOWNLOAD NOW
Open Thursday – Monday
10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Closed Tuesday and Wednesday
Closed Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day
Member’s-only early entry: Saturdays at 9 a.m.