Delta Dental Grant
Delta Dental and Cincinnati Museum Center are proud to partner together to again offer a grant for groups to visit the Duke Energy Children's Museum, which includes the Inside the Grin exhibit.
- This opportunity is available for Ohio kindergarten to fourth grade classrooms who can show financial need through the schools percent of Free and Reduced Lunch participation.
- One classroom per application.
- This grant provides admission to the Duke Energy Children's Museum and bussing for students and chaperones between December 1, 2018 and March 31, 2019.
- Contact information for the classroom teacher must be provided.
- Teachers who receive the grant are responsible for contacting CIncinnati Museum Center to book admission and the bus company to book a bus.
- Teachers are expected to complete and turn in the evaluation from Delta Dental at the time of their visit and the online survey from Cincinnati Museum Center after their visit.
- Students are expected to participate in a self-paces learning activity that guides and enhances their understanding of oral health.
Educator Open House
On November 27, from 3-7 p.m., Cincinnati Museum Center invites educators to see the newly restored Union Terminal. Visit the Museums, Holiday Junction and our current special exhibitions. Speak with our education staff to learn about the educational programs and experiences available for your students and community. Participate in tours, demonstrations and programs in our renovated spaces and classrooms. Pre-registration* is required by calling (513) 287-7001. The $10 admission includes:
- Admission to Duke Energy Children's Museum, Museum of Natural History & Science and Cincinnati History Museum
- Admission to Chocolate: The Exhibition
- Admission to GUITAR: The Instrument That Rocked The World
- Light Refreshments
- Tours of the Rotunda by our Heritage Programs docents
- Demonstrations and programs by our museum, Learning Lab and Programs-on-Wheels staff
- Information fair featuring various opportunities from Cincinnati Museum Center, National Underground Railroad Freedom Center and Holocaust and Humanities Center.
*One reservation per educator.
*This event is for educators only, but we hope you bring friends and family back at another time!
Learning Lab Pre/Post Visit Worksheets
Cincinnati Museum Center is pleased to provide teachers with pre- and post-visit resources. Each of our Early Childhood, Science and Social Studies Learning Labs have an accompanying worksheet to help prepare your students for their Learning Lab and continue the fun after their visit! Click here to visit our Learning Labs pages, where you will find the pre/post visit worksheets following each Learning Lab title.
Preview and Prep
Have a field trip booked to the Cincinnati Museum Center and want to take a walk through to prepare? Educators who have booked a field trip may visit any of the 3 museums for free one time before their scheduled visit. Simply bring your confirmation letter and ID to verify you are the educator on the reservation accompanying the students.
Museum Gallery Guides and Activity Sheets
Duke Energy Children's Museum
Animal Spot Gallery Guide
Energy Zone Gallery Guide
Inside the Grin Gallery Guide, K-2 Activity Sheet, 3-4 Activity Sheet
Kids at Work Gallery Guide
Kids' Town Gallery Guide
KidSPACE Gallery Guide
Little Sprouts Farm Gallery Guide
Nature's Trading Post Gallery Guide, July 2017 Scavenger Hunt, August 2017 Scavenger Hunt
The Woods Gallery Guide
Water Works Gallery Guide
Special Exhibition Guides
Chocolate: The Exhibition
Chocolate and it's Environment Lessons Lesson 1, Lesson 2, Lesson 3, Lesson 4, Lesson 5, Lesson 6
Chocolate and Culture Lessons Lesson 1, Lesson 2, Lesson 3, Lesson 4, Lesson 5, Lesson 6
Educator Resources Overview, History Highlights, Facts, Quotes, Glossary
GUITAR: The Instrument That Rocked The World
GUITAR: Study Guide