Cincinnati Museum Center internships offer a wide array of learning opportunities and hands-on, practical experiences.
Eligible candidates considering an internship are defined as individuals who meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate student
- Currently enrolled as a graduate student
- Have graduated within the past year
The time commitment for internships is a total of 10 weeks, unless indicated otherwise in the position description.
General internship terms are as follows:
- Summer – June through August
- Fall – September through November
- Spring – January through March
Specific internship start and end dates vary on assignment. Shifts are flexible and depend on assignment. Please see internship descriptions for specifics.
These positions are unpaid, but include a selection of benefits we offer all Cincinnati Museum Center volunteers and interns. See the benefits section for more information.
- Free admission to all permanent CMC exhibits and access to the National Underground Railroad Freedom Center
- Free parking at Cincinnati Museum Center locations
- Discounts at on-site food locations
- Invitations to select exhibit previews, special events and lectures
- Professional development
- Work experience
- Grow your professional network
- Complimentary CMC Individual Membership
Internship application process
Complete the application packet here: Internship Application
Be prepared to upload the following documents into your internship application:
- Current résumé or CV
- Cover letter describing your interest and relevant experience related to the internship(s) you have selected
- A transcript from an accredited institution
- A brief writing sample appropriate to your area of study
- A signed Background Check Inquiry Release Form ( )
- Two reference contacts (professional or academic only please, no family members). You will be asked to record the following for each reference:
- Full name
- How long have you known this contact?
- In what capacity do you know this contact?
Please Note: The completion of all above items is required to be considered. Please upload documents in .pdf or .doc formats only.
All completed application packets will be reviewed and sent to the departments of interest indicated in the application. If a department's Internship Mentor is interested in pursuing you as a potential intern candidate, they will contact you to schedule an interview. This interview may be conducted over the phone, video chat or in person as arranged by your potential mentor.
During your interview, you will discuss your academic program, your interests, experience and your availability. Individuals offered an internship will be notified via email, pending a clear background check. All accepted interns will be then contacted to schedule an orientation and training to review the policies and procedures of Cincinnati Museum Center.
Why a CMC Internship?
Opportunities to work with museum professionals – learn about their roles, responsibilities and backgrounds.
Meet with other interns and professionals in your field of study and expand your network.
Learn more about Cincinnati Museum Center and the professional opportunities available in museums and non-profits.