Virtual Field Trips Confirmation
Virtual Field Trips Pre-experience Information
For a smooth experience, please review this information carefully before your program. Failure to comply with Cincinnati Museum Center policies could result in the termination of your program and/or the suspension of scheduling privileges for your organization, including grant eligibility, for one year from the date of this scheduled visit.
- Click here to enter the Virtual Field Trips (virtual.cincymuseum.org).
- You are provided a unique password for the Virtual Field Trip’s scheduled dates. Each reservation provides two weeks of access-Sundays to Saturdays. Participants have unlimited access to the experience during this period.
- CMC will request a school/group name at time of scheduling. At time of login, participants will be asked to enter the school/group name.
- School/Group Leaders: If students are accessing experiences individually and need technical assistance, please ask them to direct questions to you.
- Virtual field trips require access to an internet connection. CMC is not responsible for troubleshooting internet connectivity.
- Videos inside the experience are hosted primarily on Vimeo, with an occasional video hosted on YouTube. Please ensure your organization has permission to view videos on these sites.
- CMC suggests the use of the following browsers for optimal performance:
- Internet Explorer (versions 9,10 or 11)
- Microsoft Edge
- Chrome 67 (or later)
- Firefox 60 (or later)
- Mac OS:
- Safari 12.1.1 (or later)
- Chrome 70 (or later)
- Firefox 60 (or later)
- CMC Virtual Field trips are best experienced on a desktop computer, laptop or tablet. The virtual experience is not suggested for use on mobile phones.
Virtual Field Trip
- Virtual Field Trips are designed to mimic the self-guided experiences of visiting CMC exhibits in-person.
- Click here to watch a short video on how to navigate a Virtual Field Trip.
Check-in and Payment
- Payment is due no later than 2 weeks before our program.
- Accepted payment methods are a single check (made out to Cincinnati Museum Center), credit cards, Purchase Agreement or Purchase Orders.
Cancellations and Changes
In the event that you need to cancel your program, please call (513) 287-7021.
- Cancellations within 48 hours (two business days) of a scheduled program may result in fees or suspension of grant eligibility. Not cancelling your reservation prior to your scheduled program is subject to a charge of 100% of the total reservation.
- Changes to your scheduled activities should be made at least 48 hours (two business days) before your program. Schedule or program changes requested later than 48 hours in advance may not be able to be accommodated. Please call (513) 287-7021 as soon as possible if your plans change.
- In the event of a cancellation due to inclement weather, COVID or other emergency school closings, please call (513) 287-7021 as soon as possible prior to your program date and time to leave a cancellation message without penalty.
- In the event the CMC virtual tour is not accessible because CMC’s website is unavailable, please contact us to reschedule.
In the event that CMC must cancel a virtual program:
- Someone from CMC will contact you and make every attempt to re-schedule your experience as quickly as possible.
By scheduling this program, you acknowledge and understand the following:
- That these virtual experiences shall only be utilized by the specified Students and Teachers for educational purposes. Such videos are private presentations that shall not be redistributed, shared, posted, copied or otherwise maintained. You agree to NOT record this experience.
- That this information is protected under state and federal law and you agree not to redistribute, share, post, copy or otherwise distribute such information.
- WARNING: Holder voluntarily assumes all risks and dangers incidental to entering onto or within any property or facility owned, operated, managed, and/or hosted online by the Cincinnati Museum Center and its affiliates and subsidiaries (collectively "CMC"). Such risks and dangers include, but are not limited to, the risk of injury, disease, and loss caused by other patrons and the risk of injury, disease, and loss associated with any exhibit, event or other activity. Holder further agrees that CMC, its tenants and lessees, and any employees, volunteers or other agents of CMC or its tenants and lessees, are not responsible or liable for any injuries, expenses, claims or liabilities resulting from or related to such risks and dangers.
Thank you! We look forward to sharing this experience with you!
Thank You to Our Supporters
CMC’s virtual field trips were made possible in part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services grant CAGML-248047-OMLS-20. Additional support was provided by the Carol Ann and Ralph V. Haile, Jr./U.S. Bank Foundation and the Robert C. & Adele R. Schiff Family Foundation.