Book Your Field Trip
Want to hear your students say “Best Field Trip Ever!”?
Three amazing museums, a five-story domed OMNIMAX® Theater, special exhibitions, a library & archives and more that 100 curriculum-based programs…all housed in a National Historic Landmark! CLICK HERE to fill out your field trip request form!
Enhance your students' learning!
Let Cincinnati Museum Center be your teaching partner! We offer a variety of experiences specifically designed for school groups aligned with content standards and benchmarks for Ohio and National Academic Standards. Spark your students’ interest and hold their attention well beyond your Museum Center visit with these imaginative museum programs that incorporate problem-based learning and critical-thinking skills into our hands-on, interactive curriculum.
Our Learning Labs give students the opportunity to investigate specific topics and take a deep dive into subjects ranging from dinosaurs to simple machines, from archaeology to astronomy. Learning Labs create an immersive, highly interactive experience that allows every student to contribute, to be inspired and to learn. Several Learning Labs include guided investigations of museum exhibits and many have a suggested OMNIMAX® pairing! Learning Labs are designed for pre-kindergarten through grade 12. If you see a class listing outside of your students’ grade that would fit into your curriculum, please let us know - we are able to modify most programs to fit your needs!
The LITE Lab STEM Experience is our newest museum experience and incorporates real-world problem- and project-based learning in an open laboratory environment. Designed to support you in enhancing student STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) learning, the LITE Lab creates a space for innovation and experimentation that is unique to the Museum Center. See our special feature on STEM! Now and class listings for more details. LITE Lab classes are designed for grades 4 through 12.
The Museum LIVE! Experience is created through lively and unique programs that support your curriculum and learning standards. Museum LIVE! Experiences include Theater LIVE! programs – inter-disciplinary, live theater productions; Appalachian Culture Festival School’s Day; and docent-led historical walking and bus tours of Cincinnati! See class listings for more details. Museum LIVE! Experiences are appropriate for grades 3 and above.
Cincinnati Museum Center gratefully acknowledges:
- Ashland, Inc. Advised Funds of the Greater Cincinnati Foundation for its support of educational programs at Cincinnati Museum Center.
- The Carol Ann and Ralph V. Haile, Jr./U.S. Bank Foundation for supporting school programs.
- Metropolitan Sewer District of Greater Cincinnati and the U.S. Department of Energy for their support of educational programming on green technologies and sustainability.
- Time Warner Cable as a supporting partner of Program-on-Wheels
- Wells Fargo Advisors for being the presenting sponsor of Mind Your Money Learning Lab.
- The Wohlgemuth Herschede Foundation for their support of Museum Center’s education mission.
- The Woodward Trust for its support of the Woodward Program.
- Additionally, Museum Center sincerely appreciates the City of Cincinnati, Hamilton County and the State of Ohio for operating and capital support.