Frequently Asked Questions
- Complete your check-in slip prior to arrival. You will need a head count of students and chaperones. Also consider your bus driver, if you have one!
- A helpful chaperone form is included— add students’ names, experiences and your contact information to the form to help your group stay organized.
- Please keep personal items to a minimum. Storage bins are available upon request.
- Please arrive 15-30 minutes early so the group’s primary representative can check in with completed paperwork, including number of students and chaperones.
- Vehicles should pull up to the front entrance doors to let out passengers.
- School buses, charter buses and permanently marked passenger vans park free in the south lot. All other vehicles are $6 each.
- Always walk and use an inside voice. Enjoy equipment in a safe way. Respect posted age limits, capacity limits, guardrails or barriers in certain exhibits. All chaperones must wear wristbands that list prearranged experiences.
- Everyone, including group leaders, assistants, bus drivers, and staff, pays admission.
- Payment is due no less than one week before your visit.
- The group leader is responsible for checking in at the box office with the confirmation letter and the signed check-in slip.
- Museum staff will briefly greet your group in the Rotunda while the group leader checks in.
- Accepted payment methods include: one single check (personal or business, made out to Cincinnati Museum Center), cash, credit cards, purchase agreement or purchase orders.
- Cincinnati Museum Center Memberships are not valid for any ticketed organized group visit.
- Changes to scheduled activities or numbers should be made at least two business days before your visit. Call (513) 287-7021 in advance if your plans change.
- A minimum ratio of 1 adult per 5 students for grades Pre-K – 1st, 1 adult per 10 students for grades 2nd – 8th and 1 adults per 15 students for grades 9th – 12th is required.
- Students must be assigned a chaperone that they stay with for the entire visit.
- Chaperones must remain with students at all times to monitor their behavior.
- All public areas are accessible by ramp, escalator, lift or elevator. Ask staff for lift assistance.
- Elevators and Dinosaur Hall are labeled in Braille.
- If visiting the Holocaust and Humanity Center, please alert them ahead of your visit to any special needs.
- Universal restrooms and quiet zones are in the Rotunda, Mezzanine Lobby and on the lower level near the featured exhibition hall.
- For more information on accessibility amenities, visit cincymuseum.org/accessibility/
- In the event you need to cancel, please call CMC at (513) 287-7021 at least 48 hours in advance to avoid a fee.
- Cancellations within 48 hours may result in the suspension of visiting privileges or grant eligibility.
- Not showing up for your scheduled visit is subject to a charge of 100% of the total reservation.
- Cancellations due to inclement weather or emergency school closings, call (513) 287-7021 ASAP to leave a cancellation message without penalty.
- Lunch tables must be reserved in advance and cannot be added to the reservation on the day of the visit. The cost for lunch tables is $0.50 per person. Groups that do not reserve lunch tables in advance are not permitted to each lunch at CMC.
- School/Group Boxed Lunch Order Form
Open Thursday – Monday
10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Closed Tuesday and Wednesday
Closed Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day
Member’s-only early entry: Saturdays at 9 a.m.