It's not just a day, it's an experience! This year-long program engages students in grades 4-12 in authentic project based learning. Ohio History Day is an affiliate of the award winning National History Day program.
Cincinnati Museum Center and the Univesity of Cincinnati are proud to co-host Ohio HIstory Day's Region 8 competition for Adams, Brown, Butler, Clermont, Clinton, Hamilton and Warren counties. Wiiners of this compeition will qualify for the state competition which leads to the national competition in Maryland.
NEW!! Library Days
Ohio History Day students, educators and parents are invited to attend our OHD Library Days. Cincinnati Public Library staff will guide us on good research practices, share the resources available through the library and help students find what they need. An OHD coordinator will be available to answer questions about project creation, judging, registration and the contest.
There will be a short presentation by library staff at the beginning but everyone is welcome to come and go as needed. Please RSVP through this link to help us ensure we have enough staff and materials.
- Saturday January 6, 2018 from 10 a.m. to noon at Norwood Public Library, Meeting Room
- Wednesday January 10, 2018 from 3 to 5 p.m. at Sharonville Public Library, Meeting Room
History Day Resources
- Introduction for Students
- Choosing a Topic
- Topic Proposal Form
- How do I choose my category?
- Research: Where to look, how and sources
- Note Cards ( Word / PDF )
- Annotated Bibliography Instructions
- Annotated Bibliography Phase 1,2,3 and Final
- How to Write a Thesis Statement
- Research Analysis Checkpoint 1
- Research Analysis Checkpoint 2
- Expert Interview Plan Checkpoint 1
- Expert Interview Plan Checkpoint 2
- Documentary Check List with possible judge questions
- Exhibit Check List with possible judge questions
- Paper Check List with possible judge questions
- Performance Check List with possible judge questions
- Website Check List with posible judge questions
Frequently Asked Questions
- Registration and Submission
- Project Creation and Presentation
- Event Schedule and Procedures
- Event Location and Parking